10 Ways to Enjoy a Rainy Day in Santa Cruz County!
Now that it’s officially the rainy season is (supposedly, potentially) upon us – we’ve put together a list of activities for you to have something enjoyable to do while it’s raining out there! Let us know what you think!
1. Go to a Santa Cruz Warriors Basketball Team! The NBA G-League Basketball Team is essentially NBA’s minor league team and they’re right here in Santa Cruz! The games are super fun and family-friendly!
2. Treat yourself to a spa day! Pamper yourself and head on to a Beach House Rentals’ approved salon: Opal Spa and Boutique in Capitola for a manicure, pedicure, facial, and/or massage!
3. Go on a coffee or tea date with a friend! There are many great coffee shops in Santa Cruz County. If you’re staying in Capitola Village, walk on over to Mr. Toots Coffeehouse and enjoy watching the rain fall on the ocean while you’re cozy enjoying a warm beverage inside. For a delicious, locally roasted cup of coffee, we love Verve Coffee Roasters! They have several locations throughout Santa Cruz and Capitola.
4. Catch a show! Get tickets to a concert or video presentation (aka film festival) at the Rio Theatre in mid-town Santa Cruz (near Charlie Hong Kong’s and Lillian’s Italian Kitchen). Enjoy an evening at the Symphony in downtown Santa Cruz! The Santa Cruz Symphony’s mission is to inspire, educate and engage through artistic excellence, distinctive musical performances and varied activities that celebrate and enhance the cultural vibrancy of our community.
5. Visit a museum! If you have kiddo’s, the Santa Cruz MOD (Museum of Discovery) in the Capitola Mall is the perfect place for your kids to explore, be entertained and educated. If you don’t have kids or want to leave them at home, head on down to the Santa Cruz MAH (Museum of Art and History) where you can enjoy exhibitions, events, and projects that connect people to art, history, ideas, and each other.
6. Go to the Movies! Watch one of the newest releases at the Cinelux Capitola Cafe and Lounge! It’s also now featuring entrées, desserts, local hand crafted beer and wines! For a more unique experience, go see a movie at the “Nick” (Nickelodeon Theatre)! They showcase a wide variety of films — ranging from independent and foreign film to 3-D movies and smart films from Hollywood.
7. Go for a walk along East Cliff, Depot Hill, or Capitola Village with your rain boots and an umbrella! Nothing beats a good, stormy day like a romp around in puddles.
8. Cozy up inside your beach house! Enjoy reading a good book next to your fireplace, playing a board game with family, or watching a movie! Enjoy a 3 night getaway to the beach for the price of 2! Call us for details: 831-475-1808. Book the Oceanside Luxury Dream Beach House (picture of living room below) for your family this Fall, Winter and Spring!