Celebrate Independence Day in Santa Cruz County at these 4th of July Events!
With the 4th of July approaching you might be thinking “What is there to do in Santa Cruz for the 4th of July?” Well, let me tell you – there is plenty to choose from to get yourself in the 4th of July spirit in Santa Cruz!
Parades, Flyovers, Fireworks, Pancakes, and MORE! The 4th of July week is almost here and we are so excited for a fun-filled day with loads of activities for the WHOLE family to enjoy! Here are some awesome events that you can expect to fill your day:
Fireworks Show (and more) at Skypark in Scotts Valley!
- 3pm Parade and Flyover on Scotts Valley Drive
- 4pm Food, Music and Games at Skypark
- 9:15pm Fireworks Show at Skypark
The “World’s Shortest Parade”, Pancake Breakfast, and Party in the Park in Aptos!
- 7-9am: Pancake Breakfast at Burger’s parking lot: 7941 Soquel Drive
- 10am-12pm: The World’s Shortest Parade in Aptos clocks in at an underwhelming 0.6 miles. This fun community parade draws huge crowds each year.
- 12-4pm: Party in the Park located at Aptos Village Park.
All American BBQ, Live Music, Steam-Powered Train Rides and More at Roaring Camp Railroad (Felton):
- 12-3pm: Roaring Camp offers a fun family atmosphere on the 4th with games, live music, delicious barbecue, and everyone’s favorite steam powered train rides. Roaring Camp is located at 5401 Graham Hill Road in Felton!
Pancake Breakfast, a Classic 4th of July Parade and BBQ in Boulder Creek:
- 7am – 12pm: The Boulder Creek Volunteer Fire Department hosts their annual pancake breakfast in the morning before the parade. Located at 13230 Central Avenue
- 10am: Classic Fourth of July parade, set in downtown Boulder Creek, attracts upwards of 10,000 attendees each year. You’re most likely to see a motorcycle drive over a car. The parade goes down Highway 9 between Scarborough Lumber and Railroad Avenue.
- 12-5pm: Follow up the parade with a fun afternoon of BBQ, music, beer and wine, while the kids try their luck panning for gold. Located at Junction Park
Fireworks Show on July 3rd and Spirit of Watsonville 4th of July Parade in Watsonville:
- Parade at 12pm: The Spirit of Watsonville Fourth of July Parade, in downtown Watsonville on Main Street, features car clubs, fire engines, tractors, antique cars, local non-profit groups, horses, and the Watsonville Band.
- July 3rd Fireworks Show: Watsonville Municipal Airport will host its annual “Fire in the Sky” Open House, complete with flyovers, a skydive exhibition, food trucks, live music, bounce house, and FIREWORKS!! Gates open at 6:30pm at Watsonville Airport
Old Fashioned Independence Day Festivities at Wilder Ranch (Santa Cruz):
- 11am – 4pm: Travel back in time with Wilder Ranch’s Old Fashioned Independence Day. There will be a parade at noon, followed by games, crafts, live big-band music, historic demonstrations and a flag raising. Located at 1401 Coast Road in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Firecracker 10K, 5K, 1K Race
- 8am: Firecracker 10K run, 5K run and Kid’s 1K run/walk at Harvey West Park!