Dog Friendly Beaches, Parks, Restaurant Patios and Beach Houses in Capitola and beyond!
Dogs like going on vacation too! That’s why we at Beach House Rentals have a large number of pet friendly vacation rentals for you to choose from. Click here to view our list of pet-friendly rentals in Capitola Village! There are plenty of places for you to take your dog to the beach, parks and restaurants. We have listed our favorites below!
Top 8 Dog Friendly Beaches from Santa Cruz to Aptos:
- Mitchell’s Cove Beach in Santa Cruz off West Cliff Drive and Almar Avenue
- Its Beach aka “Dog Beach” to the right of the surfing museum on West Cliff in Santa Cruz
- Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz (on leash on the North side of the Harbor off 7th Ave)
- Twin Lakes Beach in Santa Cruz (on leash on the South side of the Harbor by the firepits)
- Sunny Cove Beach in Santa Cruz off 17th Avenue
- 26th Avenue Beach in Santa Cruz off 26th Avenue
- New Brighton State Beach in Capitola (the beach to the left of Capitola Beach)
- Rio Del Mar and Seacliff Beach in Aptos
Our 7 Favorite Dog Friendly Parks in Santa Cruz:
- Pogonip: Scenic open space offering a hiking & biking trail network amid redwood & oak forests & slopes. 333 Golf Club Dr, Santa Cruz
- Frederick Street Park: located in the Seabright neighborhood of Santa Cruz and next to the Yacht Harbor – 168 Frederick Street, Santa Cruz
- Arana Gulch Open Space Park – Forest Avenue, Santa Cruz (head North on Capitola Road, turn Left on Soquel Drive, turn Left on Forest Avenue)
- DeLaveaga Park: Grassy space includes picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields, bocci ball courts, trails & a creek. 850 Branciforte Dr, Santa Cruz
- Moran Lake Park: Spacious lakeside & oceanside park offering beach space for fishing, surfing & picnics. 22775 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz
- Chanticleer Avenue Park: 1975 Chanticleer Ave, Santa Cruz
- Floral Park: 656 38th Ave, Santa Cruz
The 7 Dog Friendly Restaurant Patios in Capitola:
- Margaritaville in Capitola Village (located at 231 Esplanade) has a dog-friendly heated patio. This newly remodeled restaurant is “dedicated to serving made-from-scratch Mexican seafood in a first-class casual environment.”
- Britannia Arms in Capitola Village (located at 110 Monterey Avenue) has a lovely outdoor patio with ocean views! Gotta love a British Pub! Come in for a beer on tap and watch your favorite sporting event on one of their 5 big screen TVs or relax with the family as you enjoy some classic English pub fare next to the beach.
- Sotola Bar and Grill in Capitola Village (located at 231 Esplanade) has a beautiful outdoor (and heated) patio that will allow your dog to relax while you dine. Their concept is California Farmstead focusing on local farms, ranches and seafood. Their mission is to provide every customer with farm fresh ingredients through simple and delicious dishes.
- Zelda’s on the Beach in Capitola Village (located at 203 Esplanade) has a specific section of tables on their outdoor patio for diners to leash up their dogs alongside the fence. Zeldas is open 7 days a week serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Saturday & Sunday join them for fabulous Brunch Menu!
- Thai Basil in Capitola Village (located at 210 Monterey Avenue) has the most authentic, fresh, and delicious thai food in all of Capitola. A local (and traveler) favorite! Their outdoor patio is dog-friendly.
- East Side Eatery is actually located just outside of Capitola Village at 800 41st Avenue. Their gorgeous outdoor patio is dog-friendly. They serve delicious Pleasure Point Pizza in addition to salads, pastas, burgers, and their award-winning chili and chowder and more! They serve breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Zameen at the Point also located on 41st Avenue (851 41st Avenue) has a dog-friendly patio. Made-to-order Mediterranean wraps, salads & bowls (and don’t forget about the feta fries!) offered in bright, modern digs.