May 5th, 2017
Summertime is just around the corner! The sun is (finally) shining, the weather is warming up, and the skies are the brilliant blue that we have been dreaming about this long and wet Winter and Spring. Here are our Top 10 Reasons you should visit Capitola and Santa Cruz this Summer:
- Capitola Rod and Custom Car Show – Saturday, June 10th and Sunday, June 11th. Enjoy a weekend filled with awesome cars, great music, charming shops, restaurants for every taste, and family fun at the beach!
- Art and Music at Capitola Beach – Sundays in June, July, and August: Please visit Sunday Art & Music at the Beach this Summer at Esplanade Park overlooking Capitola Beach and the Monterey Bay. View and purchase quality artwork from local artists including painting, photography, sculpture, jewelry and mixed media and enjoy live music on the Esplanade Stage 2-4pm. Art and Music dates are Sunday, June 25th, July 2nd, July 16th, July 30th, August 6th and August 20th
- Twilight Concert at Esplanade Park in Capitola Village – Wednesday Nights from June to August: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM — The Art and Cultural Commission bring Wednesday Night Twilight Concerts to Capitola Village on the Esplanade Stage. Families and friends are encouraged to come down and enjoy an array of musical styles from jazz, western, latin, swing, orchestra to rock and roll. Bring a picnic dinner and chairs to sit on either in the park or on the beach while enjoying the music filled sunset. A blanket and warm jackets are always a good idea as the summer weather can bring the fog.
- Wharf to Wharf Race – Sunday, July 23rd Sunday, at 8:00 AM — A world class, scenic six-mile race with 35 or more live bands and throngs of festive spectators along the route. A race like no other! For registration and more information visit: Website: www.wharftowharf.com
- Movies on Capitola Beach – August and September: Seating begins: 6:30 PM Movie starts: 7:30 PM Free popcorn from 7-7:30 PM Enjoy a movie on a summer night. Come early, have dinner in the village, bring family and friends, flashlights, beach chairs, and blankets. Movies are played on the following dates: Friday, August 25th, Saturday, September 2nd, Friday, September 8th and Friday, September 15th.
- Friday Night Concerts at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Every Friday night at 6:30pm and 8:30pm between June 16th and September 1st, come and watch a free concert at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! Click here to see the 2017 Concert Schedule.
- Movies on the beach at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Every Wednesday night starting at 9am, from June 21st to August 16th, head on down to the Beach Boardwalk with your family and friends, a blanket or low back chair, and some yummy snacks for a FREE movie on the beach! For a list of movies, click here!
- Santa Cruz Shakespeare in The Grove at De Laveaga Park – Santa Cruz Shakespeare (SCS) is a nationally recognized theatre company that matches unparalleled professional performances with unparalleled outdoor beauty in the heart of Santa Cruz. Guests to Santa Cruz Shakespeare are welcome to come early to the show, pack a picnic, bring wine, beer, and take in the scenery. Santa Cruz Shakespeare is the only outdoor theatre company with sweeping views of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary from our picnic glen.
- Crow’s Nest Restaurant Beach Parties – Thursday evenings the Crow’s Nest offers its Summer Beach Party series with fun and funky live entertainment, right on the beach. The party starts at 5:30pm each week and goes until sunset. With live entertainment on the outdoor beach stage, and Crow’s Nest’s famous BBQ and outdoor bar, beach parties are a unique and popular event. Families are welcome, and there is no admission charge. After the sun sets the fun begins upstairs with dancing to the best of local live bands. Beach Party Dates: Thursdays, June 2nd to September 1st, 2016
- Stay at Beach House Rentals! As you can see, there are tons of great events that are happening this Summer and we would love to be part of your memories! Contact us at 800-330-2979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our vacation rental agents and we will help you plan your trip! See you this Summer!