Posted September 5th, 2017
Being Santa Cruz locals, we at Beach House Rentals LOVE Fall! What’s NOT to love about Fall in Capitola? From pumpkin patches to apple orchards, the crisp mornings and evenings to book-end the beautiful warm and sunny days, colorful leaves blossoming all around, and so much more! We love the change in seasons, and looking forward to the holidays, too.
To get a better idea on what to do in Santa Cruz and Capitola this Fall, we’ve asked the beach house team what their favorite fall activities are. Here’s your Fall Bucket List!
- Pumpkin Patching. What’s Fall without pumpkins?! Head on up Highway 1 (going toward San Francisco) and you will pass dozens of pumpkin patches by the coastline. Our favorite is Rodoni Farms. Click here to read more information on how to get there!
- Apple picking and pie eating. Another Fall favorite is going up to Gizdich Ranch near Watsonville and picking apples in their orchard and picking up a pie to eat for later! Click here for more information!
- Butterfly gazing. Head on up to Natural Bridges Beach in Santa Cruz, lay down on your back and watch the Monarch Butterflies flutter past you for hours! It’s a site to see! Click here for more information.
- Santa Cruz Restaurant Week. Check out Restaurant Week in Santa Cruz the week of October 11-17 where several restaurants feature specials and prix-fixed menus. Click here for more information.
- Hiking in Henry Cowell. Stroll through the redwoods in Henry Cowell Park just past Scotts Valley! It’s a beautiful place to watch the leaves changing colors and get a nice workout, too! Click here for information on how to get there.
- Renaissance Fair at Casa de Fruta in Hollister. From September 16 through October 15th, step way back in time to the Renaissance days! Dress up, eat turkey legs, watch a jousting tournament, throw some stars! This is a once in a lifetime must! Click here for more information.
- Halloween Parade in Capitola. This might be the cutest Halloween Parade in the universe. Line the streets in Capitola Village on Saturday, October 29th from 2-4pm and watch the kiddos parade into town. Click here for more info.
- Wine Tasting Month. Celebrate wine month in Santa Cruz County this Fall! Click here for a list of all the events!
- Zip-Lining at Mount Hermon. Travel through the Redwood Trees in Mount Hermon past Scotts Valley for an experience to remember! Click here for more information!
- Go to the Beach! That’s right! The weather is typically pretty perfect: blue skies, warm days, and open beaches! Don’t pack away those beach chairs just yet, there’s still time to get more use out of those beach supplies!