Posted on July 3rd, 2017
You probably don’t know this but our Guest Services Manager, Misty, has spent much of her life in Capitola! We decided to interview her to get a better idea of her experiences living here and visiting Capitola. Enjoy “viewing Capitola through Misty’s eyes”!
What are your 5 favorite things about Capitola?
- One of my favorite things about Capitola Village is the sense of community I feel day in and day out. Walking down the streets and knowing – what feels like – every person who lives and works here. It is very special to my family and me and I’m thankful to be a part of it.
- I love being able to park my car and walk everywhere the rest of the day. Everything you need is in walking distance, fun shops, restaurants, the beach…I mean really what else is there?
- I look forward to the festivals and events held in the Village throughout the year. Some of my favorites are the Art & Wine Festival, Begonia Festival, Twilight Concerts, Movies at the Beach and the Winter Festival. It’s really fun to create memories year after year and make these events family traditions.
- For such a small town there are so many amazing ways to experience the beautiful views. From Depot Hill, Stockton Bridge, the Wharf and the Esplanade. No matter what corner you turn there is something beautiful in front of you.
- I have so many favorite shops and restaurants there are really too many to list. There is something to be said about locally owned businesses, you won’t find them anywhere else in the world and they are owned and operated by genuinely kind people that you want to support and see be successful. The Village has some of the freshest food, best drinks, dessert galore and awesome boutique shopping. I would suggest to travelers to come down and try something new each time they visit.
How has Capitola been “home” to you and your family for so many years?
I grew up vacationing in this area. Some of my favorite memories are coming into Capitola Village for the day as a child. I was always excited to come here and never wanted to leave. So when I finished college my now husband and I made this our permanent home.
My mom now lives on Lawn Way and I’ve had the pleasure of watching my nephew who is four years old and my daughter who is almost two grow up living the Capitola Dream. My daughter’s feet hit the sand most days of the week, she knows more people in the Village than I do and has her favorite spots to eat and of course knows the best places to get yummy treats.
I was lucky enough to start my new career path at Beach House Rentals a little over a year ago. It’s honestly unreal to live and work in one of the most beautiful and friendly beach towns.